Saturday, October 22, 2011

Journal Number 6




Parr, B. (2011, July 28). Google : the complete guide [Web log message]. Retrieved from http://mashable.com/2011/07/16/google-plus-guide/
I have mixed feelings on the new Google +. I have a hard time with change, I am getting use to discovering new things in this class, that are fun and interesting, But I have a hard time committing to something new, such as twitter because I am just getting familiar with it. As I read the blog, I was confused with how the only way a person could be added, is by being asked. I do not spend a lot of time on the computer either, so to create a circle, or what not, I have a hard enough time calling my friends as it is. I do like being able to choose who gets to see what I post, but even on face book, there are times I would like to say something in regards to work, and know that my lovely boss is on face book too. I need to make a list of cheats to I can use them. I do really like the ‘grab’ option. It is something have come to really like on the Mac computers at school, so being able to do that on my computer will be neat.
D
o I see myself using Google+ as a regular tool to be social?
I don’t think I have an answer for that quite yet. I am experimenting with it right now, and I think as of now that is where it will stay. When I feel caught up with school, and have the time to play, I will so I can learn the ins and outs

Brogan, C. (2011, September 30). Educators- google plus is for you [Web log message]. Retrieved from http://www.chrisbrogan.com/gpluseducators/



 I like this article better than the first. I feel that instead of throwing a bunch of information at me, it is saying here are some new ways to use Google + with your students. 
Do I see my self using Google + in my class room?
      This makes me look at the site in a different way than before. If I know all of my students have computers, and have the same amount of access time to them, then yes i think this would be a great way to interact with my students outside of the class room. But, I do not want to leave anyone out f they do not have access to a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment