Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Journal # 2


Ferguson,Hadley. (2010). Join the flock.Learning and leading37(8), Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/learn/publications/learning-and-leading/issues/Join_the_Flock.aspx    

    Summary-I was, as like the author of "the flock" afraid to venture off into the world of technology. It wasn't until this class that I have now make and posed on a blog, created a twitter account and tweeted, but have learned new ways to make education easier for my students and me. In this article it showed that exploring new territory is an okay thing to do, and that I will survive. I knew that I have to be more active in my tweets to keep my twitter account active, and that is something I will get use to with time. 
How can I make sure I keep my account active other that being in class? Seeing that I have new great friends in this class I can start using twitter as my form of communication with them. I will make a point to try new things like posting links. I can wait to add new people to my following till I can understand titter a tad bit more. After I get use to everything I already have seen a few things (people) I do want to follow (as of today actually). I wasn't sure how it all worked so I opt out to click that follow button. I hope soon that I will be where the author is and be technically advanced.
McClintock Miller, S. (2010). Enhance your twitter experience. Learning & Leading with Technology, 3. Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/Libraries/Leading_and_Learning_Docs/June_July_2010_Join_the_Flock.sflb.ashx
It just freaks me out a little when I read about how it is daily obligation to be a part of twitter. Now every day that I am at school I am on the computer but other than that I do not have the time for it. So in saying that I can start off making it a 3 times a week project to get connected. It also makes me feel better that it is not something that I will right off the bat understand, for it took her some time to get where she is today.
Will I be able to intergrade twitter with my students one day.?
I hope so. I plan on starting on teaching 2nd grade, so depending where the world is when I become a teacher I may be able to assign homework. I know how it feels not to have a computer at home so I will have to do a mini survey to discover if my students have an at home computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment