Thursday, October 20, 2011

Journal 4


Basham, J. D., Perry, E., & Meyer, H. (2011). it is in the bag. learning and leading with technology, 24-27. Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/Store/Product.aspx?ID=222 
NETS-T Number 2
I am just thinking goodness, a digital backpack is going to be expensive… Especially because I do not have any of the things that are being mentioned! I suppose I have noticed that many students themselves have their own I pods, computers, and even I pads now! So I wont have to supply one for every student. Then, handing them over to second graders sounds like trouble to me! I know I need to organize all of the information I am learning in this class as well as the fun sites I am finding, so I can use them when I become a teacher. I completely forgot that doing all of the work through digital means, the ability to switch languages will be easy!
W
hat tools can I bring in as a teacher to introduce technology? The knowledge I have gained for my technology class will give me a very nice head start. I have a new fun way to introduce topics by using prezi. I have found out about Google Docs that can allow my students to share work. I will be able to create a fun newsletter to inform my parents what we will be doing in class every month as well. I have endless possibilities that I am excited to explore.
W
hat piece of technology do you not have, that you would like to add to your digital backpack? I just heard about a school in Ramona that provides all of the students an I pad to use while in class. I think that would be neat to add to my backpack. If each student has one, I can put what I want on it, have him or her read, and watch what I want. I think that would be neat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment