Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Journal Number 3


 NETS-T #4
Morehouse, J. (2011). Students dig up dirt to learn about internet safety. Learning connections, 34-35. Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/learn/publications/learning-and-leading.aspx
I think this is such a great way to get students aware of the dangers of the Internet. I know when I was younger I did not understand that there are people out there that can hurt you.  This activity the students have a chance to do something fun, as well as get to know the teacher. It gets deeper to where they have to find a person and make a presentation about them. It is like a trick for the children to say yes this is bad! Then have them realize o this can happen to me.  It paints the picture clearly to show how easy it is to get ones information simply by going online and goggling a name. I am so impressed with all of the information that is out there. I think I will use this to get the point across to my sister, who thinks it is ok to tell everyone we are leaving out of town for the week!
I
 S this activity appropriate for the grade I want to teach?
 Absolutely! This is something I want to introduce to my class at the beginning of the year. Social media has become the way to communicate.
H
ow much can I find out about myself? Well I have a MySpace page still, and when hat is looked at it give my age, town, and full name. Then I have records form school sports that link me to my high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment